Facebook IconTwitter Icon google-plus.png

ATV Trail Riding in Jacksonville

A vehicle title is required for all ATVs and off-highway vehicles operated on all public lands in Florida, including National and State Parks. Additional laws and rules may apply, and regulations for specific all terrain sites are subject to change. It is always a good idea to check with park officials before departing for a ride to determine the status of applicable factors such as weather, trail conditions and planned events. Florida Statutes do hold any rider who damages public land civilly liable under a second degree misdemeanor for the injury or destruction of trees, flora, sand dunes or other environmentally sensitive land, roads, trails, wildlife resources, fences, gates, or cultivated crops.

Osceola National Forest ATV Trails

While the Forest Service has not designated or marked specific ATV trails, the Osceola National Forest does indicate on trail markers which trails can be used by ATVs. Overall rules highlight for operating an off-road vehicle in a National Forest include:

Although off-highway vehicles are illegal for use on numbered roads throughout the park, there are many unnumbered roads and travel ways that zigzag throughout the forest where you can operate your ATV. For more information call Osceola Ranger District for details at (386) 752-2577.

St. Marys Shoals Park ATV Trails

Roughly half of the 2568 acres of the St. Marys Shoals Park are available to off-highway riders. The park's west side contains an extensive system of trails specifically maintained for all-terrain vehicle usage. The Baker County park is located about four miles north of Glen St. Mary on Odis Yarborough Road. Approximately 17 miles of ATV trails are marked and restrooms, paved parking and picnic facilities are available at the trailhead. The speed limit on the ATV trails is 25 mph and ATV riders under 16 years old must wear a helmet and eye goggles and be with an adult at all times. As the operator of an off-road vehicle on Baker County public lands, you are responsible for knowing and obeying all rules and regulations that apply. For more information call (904) 259-9825.